Author / Teacher / Leader
Director of the Doctor of Ministry
Angie Ward is a leadership author and teacher with nearly 30 years of experience in church, parachurch, and Christian higher education ministry. She thoroughly knows and “gets” the world of ministry and the life of the leader. Angie is known for her genuine love for those in ministry, her down-to-earth style, and her unique ability to see and explain complex concepts and systems.
Angie is an award-winning regular contributor to Christianity Today leadership publications. She is also a highly regarded teacher and collaborative leader. Angie holds a Ph.D. in Ministry Leadership from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. She currently serves as Director of the Doctor of Ministry program at Denver Seminary.
A sportswriter in a previous life, Angie loves running, basketball, humor, and movies. She and her husband live in a college neighborhood in Denver. They have two young adult sons and one very spoiled beagle.
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
2011, Ph.D in Leadership
1996, M.A. in Educational Ministries & Administration
Trinity International University
1993, B.A. in Youth Ministry
Current Professional Appointments
Denver Seminary, 2023–Present
Journal of Ministry Leadership, 2021–Present
Invitatio LLC, 2004–Present
- LD 1101 Leading Well: Becoming a Leader Who Leads Effectively
- FC 1103 Obstacles & Opportunities in Ministry: Research Possibilities
- EL 1201 Reclaiming Ecclesiology: Faithful Foundations for Effective Ministry
- LD 1104 Church & Culture: Leading in a Rapidly Changing Context
- DMS 811 Integrating Spiritual & Leadership Principles
- LD 550 Formational Leadership
Professional Societies and Academic Service
- Founding Member, Denver Theological Seminar
- Member and Board, Association of DMin Educators (ADME)
- Member, American Academy of Religion